Island Hideaway in Historic Nature Reserve20378 State Rte 20, Coupeville, WA 98239, USA
About this listing
Welcome to Island Hideaway–a slice of Ebey’s Landing National Historical Reserve and local history! Unwind in this peaceful 2 bed/1.5 bath home nestled in ~5 acres of forest. Freshly decorated, with walls of windows bringing the outside in, you will love this centrally located hideaway to explore the island.
While the property is secluded and peaceful, it’s centrally located, just 5 minutes drive to the historic waterfront shops and restaurants and 15 minutes to city conveniences.
Fun fact–this property was part of the original holding of one of the first settlers of Coupeville and had been in the previous owner’s family for 5 generations. We hope to honor that history by sharing the acres of trees along with local touches with our guests. We are constantly curating and updating the home as we explore more ourselves.
The Island Hideaway is a 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath, one level rambler, approximately 1500 sqft. Freshly decorated, look for local touches and island adventures ideas in the home! All rooms are on one level with a step-free path to entry. Each bedroom has a queen bed. The living room has a 3rd queen bed (pull out sofa bed). Please refer to the listing photo for a floor plan.
-Kitchen is fully-stocked with appliances, cookware, silverware, basic condiments and coffee/tea
-Dining table is set for 4 but can seat up to 6 with a table extension
-Workspace/desk WFH area
-high-quality beddings & linens
-Onsite washer and dryer with detergent supplied for your laundry needs
-Access to popular streaming TV services
-Firewood provided for the wood burning stove
-Outdoor dining set available for your use (seasonal). Seating for 4 but extra chairs are available, just ask!
Slow down, breathe-in the outside, and explore all that the property has to offer. Walk the Cedar Path, check out the groves of cedars, hemlocks and firs, look for blooming rhododendrons all over the property in the Spring, pick fresh raspberries from the garden in the Summer for breakfast, check trees for apples and pears in the Fall. If you happen to be staying when snow falls, the property turns into a winter wonderland! Enjoy a cup of coffee or tea while you gaze at the rhodies. Cozy up by the wood burning stove, enjoy reading about the history of the area from the local books provided in the house, snuggle up for a movie night and games in the spacious living room!
**Additional Info About the Home**
– We believe our home to be child and family-friendly but the home is not child-proofed. Please do not leave children unattended.
– NAS is stationed on Whidbey Island, and this home is close to the OLF (Outlying Landing Field). You will hear jets flying by so please be aware there will be noise. The jets are F-18s, as featured in Top Gun: Maverick! NAS Whidbey was one of the locations for the flight scenes, look for the Cascade Mountains in the movie!
– Cell service is spotty in the area but enabling Wifi calling & texting will help! Wifi is the fastest available on the island. Great for most entertainment and light working needs but if you have specific high speed requirements for work, please consider a hotspot or similar alternatives
– This is a 5-acre property nestled in the middle of a nature reserve. While you have access to the modern conveniences of appliances and wifi, and we uphold rigorous cleanliness standards, this is still a house in the middle of the woods and nature will sometimes find its way in. Please consider your party’s comfort level with nature when you book!
– During Fall & Winter months, please note that there might be snow. During these times, we recommend having an AWD SUV with snow chains on hand.
– This property has two separate houses (Rhododendron Loft and Island Hideaway) on the property and this listing is for Island Hideaway. Two rentals each has its own private entrance, are far enough to ensure privacy & don’t share amenities in any way. You can either rent each house separately or rent them together to sleep a total of 12. If you would like to view the listing to Rhododendron Loft or to rent both homes together, please feel free to send me an inquiry.
– Maintenance: Vendors (e.g. landscaper) may stop by to conduct work on exterior spaces. They will not be allowed in the home without guests’ prior permission. Also, there may be an active pest control plan which may include baits (e.g. ant bait) inside the home. They are usually placed where children and pets can’t reach them, but please do not leave pets and children unattended.
**About Fees & Pricing**
– The regular nightly rate covers 4 guests. Additional guest fees are $25 per person per night, up to a maximum of 6 guests. Please indicate an accurate number of guests.
– We utilize dynamic pricing. This means that booking rates may increase or decrease every day. We do not honor yesterday’s pricing.
– We uphold our cancellation policy as we only have each night available to one group of guests. We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance to protect your booking.
– One complimentary date change if your check-in date is more than 2 weeks away. No date changes otherwise.
– Pets: Well-trained pets are welcome at $50 per pet. Please let us know if you’ll be bringing your pet. Please note that we strictly do not allow pets on furniture including couches, throws, beds, pillows, and towels. Excessive pet hair/mess found on furniture and linens resulting in extra cleaning effort will be charged accordingly. Please do not leave pets unattended inside or outside. Please bring poop bags and dispose of your pet’s waste in outdoor bins.
– Strictly NO parties and events ($500 fine), quiet hours between 10pm-8am, no smoking or vaping of any kind anywhere on the property including outdoor areas, no digital piracy, no shoes in the home.
Welcome to this woodsy retreat ideal for your Whidbey Island getaway! Plenty of space and fully stocked kitchen. Secluded yet close to town:
3 mins east – Town of Coupeville
15 mins north – City of Oak Harbour
30 mins north – Deception Pass State Park
5 mins south – Ebey’s Landing
7 mins south – Coupeville Ferry to Port Townsend
30 mins south – Clinton Ferry to Seattle
Guests will have access to the entire place, including fenced-in backyard and patios. You will also have access to the rest of the forested acres and paths. Although the paths are maintained, the nature reserve is kept wild, please take precautions–especially with your pets and children as you explore the property!
- Guests: 6
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1.5
- Check-in After: 04:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 11:00 AM
- Type: House
- per night: $160.00
- Additional guests: $25.00
- Allow additional guests: No
- Cleaning fee: $100
- 1 Sofa Bed
- 1 Queen Bed
- 1 Queen Bed
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Coffee maker
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Extra pillows and blankets
- Family/kid friendly
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Garden or backyard
- Hair dryer
- High touch surfaces disinfected
- Hot water
- Indoor fireplace
- Laptop friendly workspace
- Near Ocean
- Patio or balcony
- Private entrance
- Single level home
- Smoke detector
- Towels provided
- Wireless Internet
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Pets allowed: Yes
- Party allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes