Modern Lake Cushman Cabin Getaway740 N Duckabush Dr, Hoodsport, WA 98548, USA
About this listing
Enjoy looking out onto 2 acres of a peaceful and private forest! A few minutes to Lake Cushman and Lake Kokanee, downtown Hoodsport, golf course, and easy access to the amazing Olympic National Park! Enjoy the indoor movie theater and cozy propane fireplace with the family and friends! Your stay here grants you access to private beach parks for Lake Cushman residents and guests!
Dear guests, we want to assure you that our team takes your health and safety as our #1 priority. We have implemented rigorous cleaning processes, in line with CDC recommendations, to ensure that your stay is not just comfortable and safe but also sanitary. We look forward to hosting you!
This home has 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, sleeps up to 6 guests and is 1,196 sqft. This home is sparkling clean, cozy, light-filled, well-stocked and tastefully designed with cozy propane fireplace, the private movie theater, the fast wifi to ensure a great stay!
– Fully stocked kitchen with kitchen appliances, cookware, silverware, servingware, spices, drip coffee maker & tea
– Two bedrooms on different levels
– All beds are outfitted with high quality mattresses, linens and a comfortable duvet
– Big windows with lots of natural light, as well as blackout curtains for bedrooms
– Onsite washer and dryer for your laundry needs
– Outdoor fire pit, camping chairs and hammocks for an alfresco experience
– Free parking on the driveway and front yard
MAIN LEVEL: Kitchen, living room with smart TV, dining room, bedroom with a king bed and full bathroom
UPSTAIRS LOFT: Bedroom with one full bed and one twin bed
BASEMENT: the work desk, full futon, reading area, movie theater, and laundry room
What to do: So many outdoor activities! Hiking in the Olympic National Park is amazing. The closest access trails also happen to be some of the best hikes. The Staircase trail is rated as easy. The Mt. Rose and Mt. Elinor trails are very steep and difficult but give great views. The Upper Big Creek Loop trail is moderate difficulty and showcases a lot of the natural beauty of the area.
Explore the water – Hood Canal is nearby and has high quality scuba diving, famous for the giant octopus that are native to the area. With the proper license you can go clamming, crabbing, grab oysters, or fish. Kayak rentals are available nearby. For more swimming, Lake Cushman is your best bet. Warm waters in the summer, this is a very clean lake that some call the “Lake Tahoe” of Washington.
Sports – The nearby 9 hole golf course is well maintained (guests can use the clubs in the closet). The Hoodsport Disc Golf course is set up well (you can buy disc golf discs at the Hood Canal Outfitters store in downtown Hoodsport). There are tennis courts, basketball courts, and volleyball courts that you have access to throughout the community. There is a ping pong table in the downstairs of the cabin.
Where to Eat: Despite being a small town, there are some great options for food. One of the must visits for any seafood lovers is the Hamma Hamma Oyster Saloon. You can try to walk in but reservations are very helpful and include your own private A-Frame dining area. Delicious fresh oysters and some of the best chowder in the state make this place a must try. The closest dining option also happens to be the best. Nearby Nina’s Lake Cushman Cafe (check the hours) is a place that makes everything from scratch and has such pride in the food they serve. The level of creativity and quality of ingredients would make this place stand out in the middle of Seattle too. The Hood Canal Grocery store in downtown has everything you need and it also happens to have great fried chicken from the deli section. El Puerto de Angeles offers tasty Mexican food with a great location right on the water. For a fine dining option you can make the 30 minute drive to the Hook and Fork a restaurant near Alderbrook Resort.
**Additional Info About the Home**
– We believe our home to be child and family-friendly but the home is not child-proofed. Please do not leave children unattended.
– During Fall & Winter months, please note that there might be snow. During these times, we recommend having an AWD SUV with snow chains on hand.
– Maintenance: Vendors (e.g. landscaper) may stop by to conduct work on exterior spaces. They will not be allowed in the home without guests’ prior permission. Also, there may be an active pest control plan which may include baits (e.g. ant bait) inside the home. They are usually placed where children and pets can’t reach them, but please do not leave pets and children unattended.
**About Fees & Pricing**
– The regular nightly rate covers 5 guests. Additional guest fees are $25 per person per night, up to a maximum of 6 guests. Please indicate an accurate number of guests.
– We utilize dynamic pricing. This means that booking rates may increase or decrease every day. We do not honor yesterday’s pricing.
– We uphold our cancellation policy as we only have each night available to one group of guests. We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance to protect your booking.
– One complimentary date change if your check-in date is more than 2 weeks away. No date changes otherwise.
– Pets: Well-trained pets are welcome at $50 per pet. Please let us know if you’ll be bringing your pet. Please note that we strictly do not allow pets on furniture including couches, throws, beds, pillows, and towels. Excessive pet hair/mess found on furniture and linens resulting in extra cleaning effort will be charged accordingly. Please do not leave pets unattended inside or outside. Please bring poop bags and dispose of your pet’s waste in outdoor bins.
– Strictly NO parties and events ($500 fine), quiet hours between 10pm-8am, no smoking or vaping of any kind anywhere on the property including outdoor areas, no digital piracy, no shoes in the home.
– Use of fire pit is prohibited during the burn ban
– If you intend to harvest shellfish, please obtain the necessary licenses and educate yourself on shellfish harvesting rules in the area. We’re not responsible for any fines incurred. Please disgard shells on the beach and do NOT bring oyster shells back to the house.
Lake Cushman Area gets its namesake from the stunning Lake Cushman Reservoir, a popular destination for its clear waters and lush forested shoreline. Extremely popular for swimming, fishing, boating and picnicking during sunny weekends. The private lake access parks are great. They have kids play areas, swim areas, basketball courts, barbecue grills, bathrooms, and showers.
The entire home is included in this rental. Guest access will be granted via a door code.
- Guests: 6
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Check-in After: 04:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 11:00 AM
- Type: House
- per night: $190.00
- Additional guests: $25.00
- Allow additional guests: No
- Cleaning fee: $150
- 1 King Bed
- 1 Sofa Bed
- 1 Double Bed
- 1 Single Bed
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Children’s books and toys
- Cleaning Disinfection
- Coffee maker
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Extra pillows and blankets
- Family/kid friendly
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Garden or backyard
- High touch surfaces disinfected
- Hot water
- Indoor fireplace
- Patio or balcony
- Pets allowed
- Private entrance
- Smoke detector
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Towels provided
- Wireless Internet
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Pets allowed: Yes
- Party allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes